Hi! I’m an ophthalmologist (Note that there are two ‘h’s!). I’ve made a lot of career mistakes along the way. Many of these were financial and business decisions. Some of them were personal. All of them probably could have been averted had I better insight at the time. These are the same mistakes that all physicians will likely encounter in our careers. Most of us will recover from these roadblocks, but it doesn’t mean that they won’t sting.
This is where Smart Money MD comes in. To reduce the sting or prevent it altogether. In my career, I’ve dealt with six-figure student loan debt, ran on a never-ending hamster wheel at work, and, among other things, run a medical practice. The anecdotes I’ve accrued could either fill a handbook on what to do or serve as a script for one very long stand-up comedy act. As physicians, we need to know how to properly manage our debt, lifestyle, time, and earning in order to have a sustainable career.
Too many doctors today are getting burned out. The healthcare system is mostly to blame, but physicians will need to learn to adapt. I want competent doctors to be around when I need medical care.
Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
First Time Readers, the following are some highlighted articles to get you started:
- Is a degree from a prestigious medical school advantageous for doctors?
- How To Make A Doctor’s Salary And Still Feel Poor–And How To Fix It
- Doctors Are More Than 10 Years Behind Their Peers Financially
- Stealth Wealth Revisited – This applies to doctors too!
- How To Maximize Your Finances As A Two Physician Household
- How To Clean Rust And Lime Deposits In Your Toilet Bowl
- How To Become A Rich Doctor — Ride The Wave
When you’re done, start back at the beginning!